Who We Are
Designed by Arizona physicians, Apricus Health aligns with primary care and specialist providers, by working to improve health outcomes and significantly lower costs for patients and payers. Health outcomes may be improved by shifting the focus from reactive, episodic care to a continuous care relationship, population health strategies such as preventive and chronic care, optimizing specialty care referral channels, and care management. The Apricus Health Surgery Center division consists of multi-specialty ambulatory surgery centers (ASC) outfitted with state-of-the-art surgical suites.
Anticipates the needs of the surgical team. Establishes and maintains sterile field during surgical procedures in the operating room. Reporting Relationship: Reports to Clinical Director/Administrator
Essential Job Duties
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining sterile environment.
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment. Responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse.
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of instrument sets.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees.
- Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy.
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Center.
- Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment
- Education & Experience: High School Diploma / GED; completion of a Scrub Technician Program. Certification preferable. Two years experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Other skills and abilities: General familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical procedures for an operating room.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, the National Center for Competency Testing, or an appropriate program for surgical technology.
- High School graduate or completion of G. E. D.
- AHA BLS Certification
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the OR in the scrub tech role (multi-specialty experience preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $28.00 per hour