Who We Are
Designed by Arizona physicians, Apricus Health aligns with primary care and specialist providers, by working to improve health outcomes and significantly lower costs for patients and payers. Health outcomes may be improved by shifting the focus from reactive, episodic care to a continuous care relationship, population health strategies such as preventive and chronic care, optimizing specialty care referral channels, and care management. The Apricus Health Surgery Center division consists of multi-specialty ambulatory surgery centers (ASC) outfitted with state-of-the-art surgical suites.
Position Purpose (Operating Room RN)
The Operating Room RN provides nursing care and service during surgery cases. The RN will be responsible for positioning the patient, prepping the patient, and circulating the case. Experienced in surgical procedures in the following specialties: Orthopedics, ENT, GI, Ophthalmology, Pain, Plastics, Podiatry, and Urology.
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Pre-admission preparation of patients.
- Conducts pre- and post-operative education.
- Takes and monitors patient’s vital signs.
- Participates in Time Out.
- Provides basic bed side care.
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatment in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed RN.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Preps operating room for patient/procedure.
- Assists in positioning and responding to the comfort and safety of patient.
- Provides for accurate care and handling of specimens.
- Observes and enforces strict standards of asepsis.
- Observes, checks, and monitors all equipment used during surgery to confirm they are running smoothly.
- Inventories all items both pre- and post-surgery.
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomology.
- Monitors patient’s physical and emotional well0being throughout the care continuum.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by the physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their post-treatment home care needs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current nursing license, in good standing with AZ licensing board. BLS and ACLS certification required.
- Minimum 2 years of OR/circulating experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, lending positively to a pleasant patient experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $38.00 per hour