Who We Are
**Designed by Arizona physicians, Apricus Health aligns with primary care and specialist providers, by working to improve health outcomes and significantly lower costs for patients and payers. Health outcomes may be improved by shifting the focus from reactive, episodic care to a continuous care relationship, population health strategies such as preventive and chronic care, optimizing specialty care referral channels, and care management. The Apricus Health Surgery Center division consists of multi-specialty ambulatory surgery centers (ASC) outfitted with state-of-the-art surgical suites.
Position Purpose (Surgery Scheduler)
The Surgery Scheduler will coordinate all multi-specialty surgical appointments for the Apricus Health ASCs using a computerized system. The position is responsible for entering patient charges, orders, and other pertinent information into the system and compiling and reporting statistical information to management. Position requires excellent customer service skills with patients, employees, and the public. The Surgical Coordinator must be able to respond to both written and oral correspondence regarding scheduling changes/cancellations in a timely, accurate manner. Individual must be organized and be able to manage demanding workload with accuracy.
Essential Job Duties
- Coordinates case times for elective surgeries and procedures in a computerized scheduling system.
- Acquires authorization numbers, History and Physicals, results of laboratory tests and verifies that they are current. Orders previous medical records for the day of the procedure, when necessary.
- Types and prints physician orders for multiple physicians and departments. Schedules and maintains physician block time, and block time releases.
- Enters physician’s orders for lab, blood bank, medical imaging, and cardiology. Enters results of diagnostic tests, patient registration information and patient charges. Compiles data and prepares statistical reports for management.
- Conducts charge management audits for assigned area. Reconciles charge packet information with the audit. Identifies missed or incorrect charges and corrects when appropriate.
- Acts as a receptionist for the center; answers phones, relays message. Greets and directs patients, visitors, physicians, and families and answers questions about policies and procedures. Acts as a liaison among nursing units, physician and staff to relay patient data. Screens requests for patient information and refers to appropriate staff. Records and types minutes of staff meetings, when required.
- This position has responsibility for scheduling surgeries and procedures and maintaining a smooth workflow in the area. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, under stressful situations, set priorities and maintain highly confidential information.
- 2+ years of experience in related environment.
- Prior surgery scheduling experience required.
- Proficient on the computer and working with an EMR system. Must possess the ability to meet deadlines and productivity standards.
- Solid communication skills as interaction with patients, staff and doctors occurs on a daily basis.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to patient care required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour